Friday, August 5, 2011

Twins = ONE!

Adalie & Amarie turn ONE tomorrow!  

I seem to gauge life by football seasons instead of years - last football season Brooke and I were beyond blessed to cheer our men on and be stadium buddies.  We also each had a bundle of joy to cuddle and love on at every game.  Each game we got more efficient figuring out how to get the double stroller around, change diapers, and make bottles all the while we were cheering on the Cardinals. 

Though I am so excited for football season 2011, there is a part that will never be the same.  We will be cheering for different teams and most importantly I won't be able to spend the most precious time at the games with the most precious twins.  No matter the distance, I will always be Auntie Em.  I hope the twins grow up knowing that I will always be there for them - whether its a cuddle, a phone call, a shopping date or vacation, I look forward to seeing them grow into beautiful women just like their momma!


I am feeling very reminiscent... about this time one year ago today, Brooke & I were eating KFC bowls and painting her toenails at Sparrow Hospital.  I went home that night thinking it would be another few days before we would be welcoming the twins.  BUT, then I got a phone call in the wee hours of the morning from soon to be MeMe.  I can't believe the twins will be O N E tomorrow!  Brooke & Tesfa are blessed with the most special little angels and am so proud to be their Auntie Em.  Brooke is the most amazing mother to them.

I am sad that I won't be there to celebrate and witness the cake crushing.  We'll just have to do it again!

Love you Ads & Minnie!
Auntie Em

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love you so darn much! We are totally missing you. I dont know what Im going to do without you this season :(