Monday, August 22, 2011

1,000 miles

Since this time last week, I have logged about 1,000 driving miles. I could be all the way to Florida by now, ha ha!  Every mile was well worth the drive and thanks to XM radio and Onstar I'm thinking I might just be on my way to trucker status!

After a 2 day work week, I took some last minute PTO to spend some time up at mom & dad's beach house with Brooke and Ads and Minnie. 

Even got to try a new restaurant in Ludington with Mom & Dad - Blue Moon.  Had a delicious cherry salad, a sip of mom's Peach Sangria and some scrumptious Pierogies!

The next day, Brooke and the girls arrived.  I was sooooo excited to take them to the beach.  But, we quickly learned that maybe its a little too early to make them into beach babes!  Amarie hated the sand and Adalie wouldn't stop EATING the sand!  Funny nonetheless.  On the flip side, both girls really enjoyed the stroller and wagon rides.  Looking forward to more beach days with my girls next year!





After a couple beach days, came the dreaded 6 1/2 hour drive from Ludington to Oxford.  The drive turned out to be nice and relatively easy. 

Home sweet home, I was able to catch up on my DVR'd shows, sleep in and practice my 30 minute meal making skills for Herb's quick lunch/dinner appearances.  Saturday morning, I attended the 2nd scrimmage and the boys looked much better than last week.  It was fun and exciting to watch all their hardwork come together on the field.  Saturday night, Herb finished work EARLY - 9pm!  Yippee!  (you know it's football season when your hubbie works 7 days a week and getting home at 9pm is considered early)  We visited with some of Herb's co-workers/neighbors and then went to see a late movie.  We saw "The Help" based on the best-selling novel.  It was a great movie.



Sunday, was cleaning and and laundry day.  Procrastination is getting the best of me, still need to get the guest room ready and organized.  Last weekend I painted the kitchen and planned to do the guest room this weekend - oops that didn't happen.  In the evening, we went out to dinner with all of Herb's wide receivers and the other WR/TE coach, his wife and kids.  We ate at an Italian restaurant called La Rosa's.  It was nice to get to know the guys and learn faces.  Once again, a football team just becomes your extended family!

No comments: