Just two days later on Sunday, December 18th, was a brunch celebration with the Weaver Family. It was full of chaos, loud voices and lots of Christmas spirit. We had great fun doing the Mystery Gift Exchange. I drew #1 this year, final pick. I soooo wanted to choose the gift I brought - a handmade fruit basket from Rawanda, but could tell that Aunt Jeryl didn't want to part with it! Instead, I selected the Applebee's gift card - hey, you can always use a dinner date right!?!
Christmas Eve was spent at Jake & Steph's for a delicious prime rib dinner. Chloe was so excited to celebrate Christmas this year that we were instructed to leave the gifts in the car until after dinner, so as not to overly excite (or distract) the 3 year old. Jake made a great dinner, Herb & I brought chocolate covered strawberries and mom topped the day off with Ice Cream Sundae's (Chloe's FAVORITE). Aunt Jane was quizing Chloe on her nativity set, to which she replied... "this is a shepherd, and another shepherd, this is Joseph, this is Mary, this is baby Jesus, this is a sheep, this is a donkey and this a is a wheelchair for the straw!" First, I was grinning with pride that Chloe proved Aunt Jane wrong - Aunt Jane didn't think Chloe would know what a nativity set was! Next I was laughing hysterically because she called the wheelbarrow the wheelchair for the straw!!!! The gifts were a success, Chloe loved her first American Girl baby doll from Grammy and Papa and the Shaggy Dog Sleeping bags were a total hit with both Chloe and Charlie!
Christmas Day was very laid back, just mom, dad, Herb, Aunt Jane and I. We layed low, exchanged gifts and watched football, movies and played with our iPads. Jake, Steph, Herb and I all went in and got mom and dad cross country skiis for more winter adventures at the condo. I also designed a family cookbook complete with photos and stories for mom and dad. Herb did super shopping this year! He surprised me with silver ball stud earrings from TIFFANY'S and a beautiful cream sweater. I in turn surprised him with top of the line noise cancelling headphones Beats by Dr. Dre. Mom and Dad gave Herb and I a Bose Wave Radio and docking station - now we'll be jammin! Santa was good to all!
The day after Christmas, I was back at work and the evening was spent at Aunt Robin's celebrating Christmas with the Britton Family. In a matter of 3 years, we went from all adults to 6 kiddos ages 3 and under filling our get togethers with lots of giggles and endless energy. The day was fun, but a bit of a whirlwind. A 9 hour work day for me, a few hours celebrating with family and a last minute road trip for Herb to Alabama! Coach Mac and Coach Williams invited him down to the University of Alabama for some networking and to watch bowl practice for a couple days - they will be playing for the National Championship on January 10th.
No comments:
Post a Comment