The Thursday before my birthday, Herb planned a late night date after work. We drove to Newport, KY just on the other side of Cincinnati and had dinner at Mitchell's Fish Market. We shared calamari, Herb had steak and I had mahi mahi. The view of the city at night is beautiful and Herb loves the hilly drive and bridges along the way.
My birthday was on a Sunday this year. Herb and I decided not to sleep in after game day per usual. Instead, we got up early and went for a beautiful Sunday drive enjoying the rainbow of fall colors. The country roads took us to Cincinnati and we made a quick stop at Kenwood Mall for 1 hour of shopping. I exchanged a pair of tall boots that mom & dad got me for an early birthday gift (changed my mind brown for black). Herb also convinced me to try out one of this year's trends - 'Sperry boat shoes'. A lot of trends, like Ugg boots - I just know are NOT for me. Some trends just aren't for all people. Nevertheless, when we spotted these...
I just knew I couldn't resist! I've since worn them and not only are they a trend (especially in Oxford), but they are SUPER comfortable. Funny thing is - Herb also bought me leopard print shoes for my birthday last year (leopard & black patent leather ballet flats)! Hmmmm, might be a birthday tradition? Another birthday tradition was a trip to see my BFF. I visited last year thanks to mom & dad. This year Herb was in cahoots with Jenny to plan a surprise weekend trip to C O L O R A D O on Thursday!
Before Thursday could come, it was a work week, so back in C-town. Monday night after work, mom made a Hawaiian Chicken stir fry (which I thought was pork?!?) and had a delicious buttercream cake from Bake 'n Cakes! Jake, Steph, Chloe and Charlie came to celebrate too. Chloe loves birthdays - all for the ice cream! Mom and Dad also got me some nice apparel from White House Black Market to revamp my wardrobe. A super cute beige blazer and a black & red cardigan sweater. They don't look quite like this on me, but here's a glimpse of the fashions.
And yet ANOTHER day of celebration - Tuesday. For each employee's birthday, we celebrate with a pot luck lunch. Dad made his famous Mac n' Cheese and there were lots of other yummy treats including Chocolate Peanut Butter cake balls from Shelby.
I feel so special and am so thankful for my awesome husband, family and friends. Next up, a wonderful trip to C O L O R A D O! One of my favorite places!




1 comment:
Glad you had a great birthday!! You deserve all the best & to be spoiled rotton! :) You are by far the most thoughtful & giving person ever. So happy to see it was a good one. PS When the time comes you'll be the most amazing mommy ever. I LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment