Chloe asked me what I was going to be for Halloween... I said I wasn't sure, what did she think Auntie Em should be? Chloe said I should be a Gopher. A mean Gopher. I proceeded to ask her what other family members should be for Halloween this year... her mommy = Witch, her daddy = Cow, and Grammy = Hula Hooper! Chloe has quite the imagination and I absolutely LOVE that she thinks her Grammy should be a Hula Hooper!
Tuesday after work, Mom, Dad and I went to visit with Aunt Jane at Hope Landing. A laugh or two is usually guaranteed. Aunt Jane loves to do puzzles together, but tonight I decided to switch it up and see what I could find in the game drawer. The first game I spotted was "Guess Who?". This was a childhood favorite of mine and figured it was the perfect game for Aunt Jane.
The object of the game is to be the first to determine which card one's opponent has selected. Players alternate asking various yes or no questions to eliminate candidates, such as "Does this person wear glasses?" From the start, Aunt Jane was having a difficult time grasping the object of the game. So we paired up. Mom & Aunt Jane vs. Dad & I. Aunt Jane made the game more interesting and comical than I could have ever imagined!
Her questions went like this:
Aunt Jane: "Does your person have facial hair?"
Me: Yes
Aunt Jane: "Is your person a man?"
Me: Ummmm, doesn't question #1 answer question #2!?!?
We all just hysterically laughed at her questions and commentary because Aunt Jane just didn't grasp the game designed for ages 6 and up. Aunt Jane's mind limits her in some ways, but she still managed to have big Texas fun and win 3 out of 5 rounds!
No comments:
Post a Comment