Monday, July 26, 2010

Back to work...

After a week away on vacation, it was back to work I go. After today and the piles of work to catch up on, I feel like I am ready for another vacation!

July is coming to an end and football season is fast approaching. Herb is embarking on an exciting couple of weeks. Tomorrow he will begin a NFL Minority Internship with the Detroit Lions. I’m sure this will be an exhausting but incredibly rewarding learning experience for him. I am so thankful that he was granted this opportunity again. It is proof that everything comes full circle. In 2007 Herb was offered a NFL Minority Internship with the New England Patriots, but had the grueling decision of taking it and declining the job offer to become Assistant Football Coach at SVSU or not taking it and accepting the real job offer.

Life presents us with choices and we always have to remember, there is no right or wrong decision. The decision is ours and we will make it right. Herb is now entering his fourth season at SVSU. It’s been a good ride and given Herb lots of coaching experience. Nevertheless, we are both more than ready for bigger and better things! Praying this will be a stepping stone to a new career challenge.

No comments: