Sunday, July 25, 2010

Aunt Jane & Rocky

Aunt Jane recently spent a few nights visiting mom & dad’s new condo. Herb & I were off on our annual vacation to Florida in July (hot, hot, hot). While Aunt Jane was at the condo, she and Rocky bonded big time!  Inseparable.

When I returned to Charlotte, I picked up Aunt Jane to take her for some ice cream and visiting. We went back to mom & dad’s house and did some of Aunt Jane’s favorites… cuddled Rocky, watched Game Show Network, and quizzed each other (on state capitol’s this time), and talked about random things (Iike Jell-o being made from horse’s hooves). Who knows?  Nevertheless, Aunt Jane is very sharp and is full of crazy factoids.  When I drove her back to Hope Landing and we parked the car, we had the following conversation…


Aunt Jane: We are missing a dog! (shocked)

Me: Yup Aunt Jane we are missing a dog! (joking with her b/c all night she was asking if she could have Rocky)

Aunt Jane: No, where is Rocky? Where is the dog? (insistent and looking all over the car)

Me: Aunt Jane, you’re kidding right?! You know Rocky is not in the car. (laughing)

Aunt Jane: No, I could feel his beady eyes looking at me! (mind you a couple hours before they were cute little button eyes and button nose)

Me: Aunt Jane, we left Rocky at mom & dad’s. Did you really think I would let you keep him. Ha, Ha!


I have just realized that this was much funnier in person and typing the conversation just cannot do it justice! Regardless, it was a fun night.  I needed a good dose of Aunt Jane, always good for knowledge and laughs.

No comments: