Sunday, March 27, 2011

Bad Attitude?

I've been frustrated with my on and off bad attitude lately.  Instead of listing the numerous causes of my bad attitude, I've decided to challenge myself to transform that bad attitude into an attitude of gratitude.  For the next 30 days, I will record one thing that warrants my appreciation - big or small.  My hope is to focus my energies on the positives in life, leaving less time for the negatives.  Here it goes...

  • Day 1 - Sunday, March 27th:  My friend Jayne paid me the highest of honors, asking me to babysit their precious newborn Heidi for a day - come to find out I was on the very short list of people they felt comfortable with.  I am thankful for good friends and for the confidence they hold in me.
  • Day 2 - Monday, March 28th:  So thankful Herb was granted an interview today with a place he is very interested in working.  Saying my prayers for next Tuesday at 10am!
  • Day 3 - Tuesday, March 29th:  Love that no matter what kind of mood I'm in when I get home, my lil' Rocky boy is A L W A Y S just as excited to see me and love on me.  Love my pooch. 
  • Day 4 - Wednesday, March 30th: Happy 80th birthday to the most fabulous lady - AUNT JANE.  Shared some laughs tonight (of course over very inappropriate topics), oh and did a Times Square puzzle.  Aunt Jane is loved and despite her short term memory loss her spirit and confidence shines bright.  There isn't anyone else who can thank a dead man for a beautiful bouquet of flowers (inside inappropriate joke) and then deep belly laugh at herself for 5+ minutes. 
  • Day 5 - Thursday, March 31st: SO incredibly blessed with the bestest friend in the whole world.  Jenny always knows just what to say and no matter what I know she is always there for me.  CANT wait for Jenny and the kiddos to come visit for 2+ weeks this summer.  So much fun to be had.
  • Day 6 - Friday, April 1st: TGIF.  Knocked a couple things off my to do list.  Herb made it to Florida safely (again). 
  • Day 7 - Saturday, April 2nd: Appreciating Opal "the watch dog" after a scary night.
  • Day 8 - Sunday, April 3rd: Thankful for my family, even if it was a little 'Weaver-Mania' here today.
  • Day 9 - Monday, April 4th: Jenny booked her travels!! Yippee!
  • Day 10 - Tuesday, April 5th: Very promising working interview with a great LVT today at the clinic.  Crossing my fingers things work out for the best.  She would be a super addition to our team.
  • Day 11 - Wednesday, April 6th: Inspirational story at WW tonight.
  • Day 12 - Thursday, April 7th: I know this is weird... but I love hearing Rocky snore. It's so cute.  No other snoring could ever sound cute, not even mine, LOL!
  • Day 13 - Friday, April 8th: I appreciate Dr. Morris' humbleness, compassion and drive.  She is indeed on the best!  Sets such a great example as a doctor and even more as person.
  • Day 14 - Saturday, April 9th: Spring has sprung... grass is turning green, birds are chirpping, flowers are trying to bloom, and sidewalk chalk is out. Can't help but smile about that after a LONG cold dark winter.
  • Day 15 - Sunday, April 10th: Almost 80 today - great run at the track.  Had a laugh at the guy wearing suspenders while he ran - no shame, good for him!
  • Day 16 - Monday, April 11th: LONG DAY, worked from 7:30am-8pm and then baked gourmet doggie treats until midnight.  Nevertheless, feeling very prepared for annual HW Days tomorrow. It's well worth it!
  • Day 17 - Tuesday, April 12th:  HW Day 1 was a success.  Saw lots of cute pooches and happy people.  My mom is the best AGVC volunteer ever - Chloe is a close second! :) Ha, Ha
  • Day 18 - Wednesday, April 13th: Shared the news that "THE DOLLAR" has been found after 3+ years in hiding! LOL
  • Day 19 - Thursday, April 14th: Had some one on one time with my lil' Chloe.  Dairy Queen, blocks, coloring, and reading stories.  Tonight Chloe was full of it, sounding just like a little grown up... "Whatcha coloring honey",  "Here you go honey",  "Eeee M what you talkin bout?", "Eeee M why u laughin".  It was sooo funny to hear Chloe call me "honey" and act like the oldest!
  • Day 20 - Friday, April 15th: Mom & I each had today off work.  Visited friends in Dearborn and had a great lunch, oh and shopping.
  • Day 21 - Saturday, April 16th: Thankful dad is feeling better after another angry kidney stone and a trip to the ER. 
  • Day 22 - Sunday, April 17th: Yay for sleeping in today!  Too much OT this week. Went to movies with Herb and saw 'Soul Surfer' - true story with great message.
  • Day 23 - Monday, April 18th: I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel today - hmmmm, what can I say... such a long day wish I had more hands, but I'm thankful for the 2 I do have!
  • Day 24 - Tuesday, April 19th: Second late work night of the week - DONE.
  • Day 25 - Wednesday, April 20th: Love American Idol this season - James, Casey and Haley rock!
  • Day 26 - Thursday, April 21st: Herb seems to be getting a lot out of the meetings with Tom Thomas.  Learning new etiquette tips and mingling with big wigs :) 
  • Day 27 - Friday, April 22nd: Good Friday - thankful for what our Savior did for US.
  • Day 28 - Saturday, April 23rd: Coloring eggs and decorating cookies with lil' miss Chloe was just what I needed today. She always makes me smile.
  • Day 29 - Sunday, April 24th:  Happy Easter - love my family.
  • Day 30 - Monday, April 25th:  Next time this week, we will have 2 new employees at work - cant wait to get to know them and have the extra hands!

No comments: