First game of the 2011 season and Miami hung tough, but fell to No. 21 Missouri. Final score was 17-6.
The game was away, meaning airplanes and hotels this time. Herb was so excited that he was ready to suit up and play again! I was excited too, because Herb finally got out of the box! The past four seasons at SVSU, Herb was up in the box. The games are so much more fun for me when I can keep an eye on my honey and see him coach up his boys hands-on. Especially when I catch a glimpse on TV...
Even without his top 2 receivers, Herb's receivers were catching nearly everything. Senior Chris Givens had seven catches for 71 yards and freshman David Frazier had six catches for 55 yards. So happy and blessed to be in Ohio cheering on the REDHAWKS this season! Next week is a bye week, and then we take on Big Ten team Minnesota for another away game.
So as Herb embarks on his 6th season coaching... Mom and Dad are hangin' tough celebrating 35 years of marriage! I spent the first half of the long holiday weekend relaxing with them at the beach house and today is their official anniversary. Happy Anniversary to the best parents and hardest working role models a daughter could have! Can't begin to tell them how much their love means and how important they are to our whole family. Here's to 35 more years of wedded bliss!

No comments:
Post a Comment