Thursday, September 17, 2009

Armpit Hair


My nephew recently returned to our household after a 6 week getaway to Florida spending time with his Grandma and cousins, etc. He seems to think he has matured greatly and puberty is the hot topic in our household lately. His voice is getting deeper, he is developing acne, and so on...


Recent coversation...

I was sitting at the home computer working on my 2nd full-time job, the camp. Nuke comes running down the stairs very proud and excited without a shirt and arms raised high in the air.


Nuke: Am I growing armpit hair!?!

Auntie Emily: I leaned in very close and replied that I did not see any evidence of armpit hair.

Nuke: Sticks his armpit in my face and says, well I see it. Don't you?

Auntie Emily: No. No armpit hair yet. Sorry.

Nuke: Well, it's there. It's just blonde right now!

Auntie Emily: BLONDE?!?

Nuke: Yes, its blonde, ya know, like really light hair?

Auntie Emily: OHHH REALLY?!? Didn't know that African Americans grew blonde armpit hair?

Nuke: Well, thats the way it STARTS out!

Auntie Emily: Ok Nuke! Congratulations on your blonde arm pit hair!


Funny kid. Just thought I should document this story to share with future girlfriends, etc.


No comments: